LIFE IS WATER; When You Conserve Water, You Conserve Life!

My nearest water source is 3.36 miles away, that would take me an hour and ten minutes to walk to the river to collect water. It would take me about 3 and 30 minutes to walk back with more than 3 gallons of water in my hands. It would take 3 times as long if I was carrying water. I calculated this by taking the time it took to walk from our school to the river without water, and then I compared it to the time walking from the river to the school with water. When we did not have water, it took 6 minutes to walk from school to the river. When we did have water, it took us 18 minutes which is three times as long walking without water.


The average person in the USA uses 152 gallons a day. That is 575 liters and is equal to 1267.68 pounds. The average person in the UK uses 150 liters a day. That is about 40 gallons and is equal to 333.6 pounds. Many people think that the UK has a lot of different places and a lot of different people. But after studying the water usage of people all over the UK, the average ends up being so little which is truly amazing. My daily water usage is higher than the average American, but I did include my family of 8 in my calculations. My estimate daily usage is higher than the UK’s daily water usage. The only place that currently uses more water than the USA is New Zealand.

I ask everyone to be more aware and conscious of the amount of water they use on a daily basis. One of the best ways to save water and money on your water bill is to switch to energy and water efficient devices. For example, purchasing an water and energy efficient clothes washer, dishwasher, and toilet. You can also collect water in rain barrels and use that water for watering any grass or plants you may have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slowly Sloth

Space Debris Science Conference

Coraline's Closet: The How-To Guide