Eco-Polish


For my final AP, I was looking into how long it takes Nail Polish to decompose. The information I got back was quite surprising. Creating a closed loop system for a common product was very interesting. Continue reading to learn more about the effect Nail Polish has on the environment, and how we could change that.


This concludes my project on creating a closed loop system for nail polish. This was a cool project because I got to think outside the box and about an item I use constantly. It was very eye-opening for me and I hope I can pitch this sustainable product in the future.

Sources Cited: 
“Nail Polish.” How Products Are Made, www.madehow.com/Volume-1/Nail-Polish.html.
“Only Eat Mushrooms Grown Organically.” 100th Monkey Mushroom Farm, www.100thmonkeymushrooms.com/2014/06/eat-mushrooms-grown-organically/.
“Secret Ingredient} Acrylic Brushes.” NAILS Magazine, www.nailsmag.com/article/95029/secret-ingredient-acrylic-brushes.
“The Ugly Truth: Toxins Lurking in Nail Polish Are Harmful to Your Health and the Planet.” One Green Planet, 17 Dec. 2015, www.onegreenplanet.org/environment/toxins-lurking-in-nail-polish-are-harmful-to-your-health-and-the-planet/.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slowly Sloth

Space Debris Science Conference

Coraline's Closet: The How-To Guide